Thursday, October 16, 2014

Revised research question

"Is the Sierra Club too focused on oil?"
Overall, I am still favorable towards my intended aim of research. However, Hal responded to my question with a nice revision:
"Why would the Sierra Club choose rhetoric that focuses on fossil fuel consumption?"
This slightly strays away from my original intent, to research into how this focus affects the Club's overall message/appearance. But I like its more acute focus on the particular rhetoric of the Club, and I will most likely find a way to include both of these areas of research.
Anne brought up a reasonable concern: Where are you going to focus your research?
I plan on focusing on the Facebook page and the Club's website, probably both and not just one.
So as I move forward I want to first address the questions Anne brought up:
1. What is the purpose of the Club, and how is this represented online
2. How do they present other topics, such that oil is a main focus
3. How is this a detriment/advancement, and if the former, how does the web design portray this particular rhetoric

I feel that once I have found at least general answers to these questions, I will find myself in a comfortable place with research going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment