Thursday, October 2, 2014

Potential Research Organization

My tentative choice is the Sierra Club. I have been following this organization on Facebook for over a year and they are constantly appearing on my news feed with posts or articles or links to webpages, and to me they embody what an effective activist organization should strive to be. They relate directly to my definition of activism, as they are actively trying to promote and direct social/political change in the favor of environmental conservation. I am interested in this organization because I am a supporter of their efforts, I have done a few projects on environmental conservation in the past that relate to their message, and I think they do a great job of conveying information that is directly conducive to their cause. However, I am not an active participant in environmental activism, and I believe through further research into this organization I and the class can become more knowledgeable of contemporary topics and how to take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment